Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's All in How You Look at It

Do you find this picture depressing?

Wait. Click on the image so you can see the full-size version before you answer.

Okay. Now, do you find this picture depressing?

At first glance, I did. I mean, it's sort of dark. The trees look dead. The marsh grass is all brown.

But the more I looked at it, really looked, I found it sort of peaceful. It's like a different world in a way. It's certainly different than the world most of us live in. It's a place where all you would be likely to hear is the sound of water lapping against the grass with the ebb and flow of the tides, the wind rustling the grass, birds calling, geese honking. Occasionally, you might hear the shrill scream of a hawk.

It's not a place where you'd have to endure hurtful comments from complete strangers. If you don't follow that link and read the blog post it takes you to, you won't know why I so want to fly to Provo, Utah where I would hunt down and kick the ass of that stupid, STUPID woman who could be so completely insensitive and say such a thoughtless thing to one of my heroes. You don't have to follow the link to know the stupid sort of stuff people can say.

We all have days when we feel down. Tired. Exhausted. Depressed. Pissed off. Whatever.

For me, yesterday was a pissed-off day. I'm thinking it's mostly PMS. Exacerbated, of course, by various things I had to deal with throughout the day. I won't bore you with the details. Just trust me when I say it wasn't a happy day.

I woke up this morning optimistic. Hoping today would be better. Then I read NieNie's blog (to which the aforementioned link leads). She's such a beautiful person. And she always reminds me that I really have absolutely nothing to complain about.

But when I read what that idiotic cow of a woman said to her, it just pissed me off again. It really made me just want to scream. Jeez, people. Think about what you say before you say it.

I already know my day is going to be unpleasant. Mostly 'cause my job can sometimes be a real pain-in-the-ass. For a variety of reasons. I know you don't want or need to know the reasons. I KNOW it could be way worse. I just had to throw out there that work is the primary source of my frustration. But, as Hubby says, it's a necessary evil. (Not that hearing that helps the least little bit...)

Anyway... I'll stop whining now, suck it up and move on. Maybe things will get better as the day progresses. Maybe. I don't have high hopes, but one never knows what the day will bring.

I should add the following picture to my desktop...

I can't look at that image and not smile...

2 comments:

  1. That first picture made me think of Wyoming...and I love Wyoming..so no suicidal thoughts there :)

    the second one? Made me ear-to-ear grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, B. I really do smile every time I see that shot of our new baby girl. She moves in on Sunday. As for Wyoming, you wouldn't be thinking of the Snake River Bend would you? Too bad there aren't any moose in Delaware!

    ReplyDelete

Please say something...