Saturday, January 3, 2009

Moving Day

Today's a big, exciting day at the ToadMama abode.

Not only is Meg doing very well after the scary ham bone episode, today is the day Belle moves in.

We've been anticipating her arrival since I met her in Jersey on December 9. She's living with a fantastic foster family in West Creek, New Jersey. We'll be leaving to go and pick her up shortly.

Belle is an American Brittany Rescue (ABR) dog. I discovered ABR way back in 2003 when I decided we should add a dog to our family. I did some research on the breed, linked up with ABR so I could get to know some Brittanys, and even became a foster parent myself.

Hubby wasn't too keen on the dog idea at first. But he came around. And after C, our first little doggie girl, moved in, he became a quick convert.

We've missed C terribly. She was such a big part of our lives. Meg especially misses her. There's a hole in our "pack" aching to be filled.

Meg awaits the arrival of her new girlfriend.

None of us thought this day would ever come.

I'm sure I'll have lots to write about in the coming days and weeks as Belle moves in and gets adjusted. So be sure to check back for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something...