Sunday, October 12, 2008

Approaching Normalcy

Things are slowly but surely getting back to normal for me. That was quite a road trip I took!

Know how I can tell things are almost normal? I don't have anything specific or special to write about. So I'll just share a couple of things...

Our Youngest Grandson...

Joey, age 15 months, got to spend the night with us on Saturday. He's cute as a button and sure kept us laughing.

In this picture, Joey and I were out in our backyard. Hubby, aka Pop, was in the house. Joey was waving to Pop.

My Most Frivolous Purchase

I didn't spend much time shopping while I was in Maine. I did hit the grocery store a couple of times for snacks, which is where I discovered Wicked Whoopies. Whoopie pies, which I always thought were a Pennsylvania Dutch thing, are desserts consisting of some sweet, creamy icing sandwiched between two small, round, chocolate cakes. They're usually 3 1/2 to 4 inches across.

Wicked Whoopies are slightly larger. They come in a bunch of different flavors, too. But what's best, and what I found totally hysterical, is that they come in a jumbo size.


Here I am with my jumbo Wicked Whoopie. You can't really appreciate the size while it is wrapped.


You can sort of appreciate the size of it in the above picture. But I think the close-up below gives you the best appreciation as to the size of this monster.

According to the label, it was 72 ounces. It was quite tasty, too. So tasty, in fact, I'm going to go have a hunk right now.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pic of Joey. You'll have to send more to me via email cause I know you took them!

    ReplyDelete

Please say something...