Sunday, November 1, 2009

An Eventful Halloween

This was the most eventful Halloween ever. Well, maybe not ever, but at least in a long time. In the morning, I did my first 5k in Ocean City, Maryland (more on that tomorrow). In the evening, it was trick or treat time with the grandkids.

Their Dad, who is away doing Army training, was not able to be there. So Hubby and I went along to help. Not that Amy really needs help, because really is the best Mom ever, but because it's fun.

Whenever I see this picture, I'll forever remember hearing Joey, very loud yet muffled by the mask, saying, "Cheese! Cheese! Cheese!" The boy has been trained well.

I'll also remember Gaige, strumming his sister's pink guitar while serenading us with "If You're Happy and You Know It" to keep us entertained as the other kids got dressed.

After Brianna got her costume on, she joined the singalong.

Transformer Gaige was definitely the most pumped up of the three.

Although Brianna was excited, too. I even got her to vamp for the camera. (For the record, I wouldn't usually say my almost-9-year-old granddaughter was "vamping," but she is dressed as a devil.)

As for the little guy, he came running out as a growling, muscle-bound Power Ranger and promptly tackled his still-singing brother. So I think it is safe to say he was excited, too.

Finally, the trick or treating began. I wouldn't have thought an almost 26-month-old would be so into trick-or-treating. But Joey loves doing the same things his big sister and brother do.

Even if he did struggle to keep up at times.

He didn't care. He was having FUN.

Here's Amy with the kids as they patiently wait their turn.

Joey was a real trooper. It was obvious he was getting tired, but he never once got crabby. He didn't complain a bit when Pop started carrying him from house to house and I carried his bag. He'd come right to Hubby and I after doing his thing at the door, say "there you go" as he handed me his bag, then turn to Hubby, raise his arms and say, "Pick me up, Pop."

At the end of the night, the kids surveyed their loot.

Throughout the evening, Hubby and I kept remarking at how fast the kids are all growing. Compare the pics you've seen here to Halloween 2008 and you'll see for yourself. And look at Halloween 2007, which was even before I had a Blog...

Time does go way too fast. The older you get, the more you realize that. Which is why, I think, grandparents tend to appreciate the grandkids so much. Because we know it wasn't so long ago that their Mommy looked like this...

I hope your Halloween was equally as enjoyable!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I was hopıng you'd post pıctures so I could see how ıt turned out. The kıds all look adorable and lıke they had a lot of fun. And seeıng that old Halloween pıcture of Amy. . .I remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notice how in 3 short years Brianna went from Angelic to ...well something less than angel like. I wonder if Amy is saying something :-)

    I hate Halloween but I sure like going to Amy's to see the kids having fun.

    Mile

    ReplyDelete

Please say something...