Sunday, September 20, 2009

On Visiting National Parks

Surfing the Internet this morning, I came across an article in the Anchorage Daily News about a guy who got attacked by a rabid wolf. I read the short article, which led to this radio segment on the Alaska Public Radio Network. I only visited Alaska once (I will go back), but I've read quite a few books, too. The Kuskokwim River mentioned in the broadcast is very remote. While surfing, I stumbled across a cool, short video taken while some folks were kayaking at Kenai Fjords National Park. To see the video, look at this Blog post, making sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the short video clip. It reminded me of our trip last year when the orcas swam right under our tour boat.

National Parks are cool. Hubby and I are going to have to make it a point to see more of the National Parks in Maryland. I think we've only been to six. Did you know the BW Parkway is a National Park? Hey, I could visit that one today! But why?

He and I are already planning to add some District of Columbia National Parks to our "visited" list in October.

I've never actually tallied how parks we have visited, but here are some of my favorite National Park pictures.

Glacier Bay National Park - Alaska


Denali National Park - Alaska




Badlands National Park - South Dakota


Devils Tower National Monument - Wyoming


There's more, but finding and posting these images is far more time-consuming than I had anticipated. It's a gorgeous day here in Maryland, so I need to get out and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something...