Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hopefully, Today is Better

Yesterday didn't start off so well.

I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed. Either that or it really isn't irrational to get extremely pissed off after accidentally sticking your finger in a large, squishy pile of dog poo. It wasn't the act itself that set me off as much as knowing the poo, one of three piles found in my backyard, didn't belong to either of my dogs. Getting poo on my hand when cleaning up after my own dogs is bad enough...

I was in the middle of writing a post to express my frustration, ranting about people not cleaning up after their dogs when Hubby showed up. He'd left work early because he was very dizzy (to the point that he could not walk straight), nauseous and vomiting. It was scary.

To make a long story short, after a visit to our favorite doctor, we found out he has vertigo, also known as labyrinthitis. Basically, it's an inflammation of the inner ear that screws up your balance. Lucky for him, it wasn't severe.

Worrying about my sick Hubby prior to the diagnosis sort of put things in perspective. My anger over the foreign, squishy poo was the least of my worries. My Superhubby was ill!

I promptly made an appointment with the doctor. While we waited for the designated time to roll around, Hubby laid down on the sofa. He wasn't even completely settled when Belle joined him.

Isn't she is just the cutest little dog? Her Daddy wasn't feeling well and she wanted to make him better. She may be a killer, but she's also quite the little snuggle bunny.

Belle wasn't the only concerned one.

Meg wanted to help make Dad feel better, too.

Our kids say we spoil our dogs. We don't agree. Of course we love our dogs. Who wouldn't when they do stuff like this? But they're not spoiled. They're just well taken care of.

Dealing with poo on a daily basis may be gross, but it's worth it. (The reason I have to be diligent about cleaning up poo is even grosser; if I don't, Meg will!)

When's the last time a kid cuddled up with you like this to make you feel better?

As an aside, in case you're wondering if Hubby knew I was taking these pics, the answer is yes. Did he know I'd post them on my blog for the whole world to see? Of course! Hubby's quite the good sport about providing material for my blog. Just another one of the many reasons why I love him.

As another aside, while I'm pretty sure he'll be sort of touched by this post, he'll be the first to point out that I started and coincidentally ended it by talking about poop.

Oh well. He'll still love me back. I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something...