Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Um, What!?!

I've had issues with my keyboard for a while now. (Faithful readers might remember this post from April.) Today, it decided to act up. Sometimes keys will stick. Sometimes certain keys won't work. Today's glitches were a mixed bag.

I was dealing with it though, until I managed to hit some unknown sequence of working keys/not-working keys that made this happen...

I did not alter this image. That's how my monitor looked. I couldn't take a picture of actual work (aka "secret stuff"), so I went to the Google page. But first I had to close the 15 things I had open.

That is much easier said than done. YOU try using a mouse once when your image has rotated 90 degrees to the left.

How to fix this? Restart the computer? I did that. The screen was still cocked to the left. A quick Internet search (thank goodness my personal computer was handy) yielded a few suggestions of hot-key combinations to try. They didn't work. Luckily, once I was logged back in to my employer's network, the security settings made the computer revert back to the default settings.

I did discover how to fix it in the future. Right-click while on your Desktop and you'll see a pop-up menu with NVIDIA Control Panel as one of the choices. I'll remember that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something...