Monday, June 29, 2009

Mostly Uneventful Weekend

Not a whole lot happened this weekend. Not that's worth blogging about anyway. But I didn't want my faithful fans wondering at my absence, so here's a summary.

Friday pretty much stunk. It was supposed to be my day off, but I ended up working. And even though Hubby took off early specifically so we could leave by 1:00 p.m., we didn't get to leave until about 2:30. We hauled the motorcycles along in the trailer, which slowed us down, and had to stop at two different Lowe's stores to buy a screen door. Then we had to find a place to eat. It felt like it took us forever to get there. But we finally made it around 7:00 p.m. At least it was still daylight, which was nice for a change.

Saturday was a great day. The weather was perfect for a nice motorcycle ride through the countryside. We topped it off with a nice meal at El Puente, the yummy Mexican restaurant in Capon Bridge.

Sunday was our day to goof off. Well, it was my day to goof off anyway.

I read a large chunk of a very good book... Seabiscuit. Yeah, I know I am very late on that bandwagon, but I had no idea it would be so good. I bought it months ago at Ollie's for $2.50. It's been sitting on my nightstand at the WV place as my fallback book. Who knew non-fiction books could be such gripping page-turners? I kind of want to see the movie now, but I know I'll be disappointed. There are way too many character nuances and too much key background info to come across on film. It'll probably be entertaining though.

When not reading, I did some walking with the girls, which is when I snapped the cool bug pic you see above. I pretty much stick to the roads since it is summertime and I'm scared of ticks.

Speaking of the girls...

Belle has a new nickname. Pigpen.

I realize this isn't a particularly good picture (blurry). I had to snap it quickly, because she hates posing for pics. But if you look closely, you'll see the top of her covered in grass seed and her underside covered in mud. My cute little princess of a Tinkerbelle, who we also call Killer sometimes since she's managed to dispatch both a squirrel and a groundhog, just loves running through tall grass and boggy swampland.

She has so much fun doing it, I can't get mad at her. Once she dries off she isn't so bad. Plus, it gave me an excuse to read some more while I sat outside waiting for her to dry.

On a final note... I drug myself out of bed at 6:10 today so I could train before it got too hot. I made the first 10-minute jog/5-minute walk. Then I pooped out and only did 3 jog/2 walk/3 jog/7 walk. But I am still plugging away. As I was finishing, the sun was rising above the trees. Even when temps are in the mid-60s, the sun beating down on you makes quite a difference. I guess I'm just going to have to become a morning girl. Either that, or run at night. I'll have to see which works best.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe that you forgot to mention that we finished the WV house!

    A monumental event, nearly 5 years in the making and not even a passing mention...

    How sad :-(

    ly,
    M

    ReplyDelete

Please say something...