Thursday, June 18, 2009

Foiled Again / Perseverance

UPDATE: If you have not read the original post by now, I'll just say I had to skip the jog/walk this morning because of rain (see second weather map below). However, we're actually experiencing scattered thunderstorms. It was clear at 1:00, so I prepared to train.

Then a colleague called with a question I had to answer. To get said answer, I had to call another colleague. Before I knew it, it was 1:25!

It was sprinkling a bit when I left, but I figured I'd be wet from sweat anyway.

And guess what?

I did TWO full jog/walk cycles (5 minute jog followed by 5 minute walk). I probably could have pressed on and finished the third one, but by then there was thunder. That made wet-training-ToadMama feel like wet-lightning rod-training-ToadMama. So I stopped.

But I had actually done two, five-minute jogs. Yay me!

Here's another map to back me up (I'm a weather geek).


-----

ORIGINAL POST: I woke early to train this morning. But it was storming. Again. Take a look at what passed through. My house is right in the middle of this map.


We've had some really weird weather lately. It is mid-June, but highs over the last two days have only been in the 60s. Not that I'm complaining. I MUCH prefer those temperatures to 80+ degrees and humid.

It's just weird. That's all I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something...