Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Putting My Foot in It

It has been raining here. A lot.

I'd much rather it be cool and wet than hot and dry. But that's just me.

Speaking of me... although I still haven't had time to really go through all of the pictures I took this past weekend, I do have a funny story to share.

My friend, Carol, who I have known for 30+ years, spent the weekend with me at the WV place. While we were away, Hubby moved a bunch of the crap we need to get rid of from the basement to the garage.

The "crap" I am speaking of is stuff we've accumulated over the years. Old pictures, knick-knacks, pots and pans, etc. The kind of stuff you hate to throw away even though you know you don't really want it anymore.

Well, Carol loves to rummage. She's very good at giving old stuff a new life. So I asked her if she wanted to take a look to see if there was anything she wanted. Together, we started digging through the stuff.

That's when we came across this one particular box.

"What's in there?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said. So I pulled it out of the pile, opened the lid, and peered in.

"Oh, it's just some tacky thing someone gave me for Christmas," I reported.

"Uh, really?" she snickered.

"Yeah," I said, handing her the box. "It's tacky."

She looked into the box and laughed.

"What?" I asked. I mean, I knew it was ugly, but I didn't think it was all that funny.

"Um, I gave you this," she said, laughing harder.

By then, we were both cracking up.

I have a feeling we'll be laughing about that one for years...

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that is too funny! But you know you're really friends with someone when you stick your foot in it that badly. . .and everyone still laughs. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please say something...