Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring? Really?

The first day of Spring arrived officially on Friday. You wouldn't know it from the weather though.

The bushes and trees are slowly starting to bloom. Despite nighttime temps in the 20s. Yep, twenties. It was cold. Look closely and you'll see the frost on the tender new leaves.

Saturday morning was a good time for indoor relaxation. Belle is a total lap dog when she's inside.

The cold didn't stop Mike from working, though. Here he is adding some finishing touches around the garage door. Meg is helping.

Belle may be a lap dog when she is inside, but the girl loves to run. We didn't think it possible that we'd end up with a dog that likes to run more than Meg. But we did. This girl is constant motion when outside. She really, really enjoys cavorting through the woods and around our property in WV.

I actually did a bit of work myself this weekend. Between jaunts with the dogs, of course.

I FINALLY installed door and drawer pulls on the kitchen cabinets. Only because Mike threatened to affix bolts on the cabinet faces if I didn't get my butt in gear! They work well, too.

When I had finished, the dogs got to run some more. They spend LOTS of time outside in WV. Can you tell how happy Belle is? I love watching her. You can just see how much fun she is having every single second when she's running outside.

I spent most of the day on Sunday cleaning. My mother-in-law is coming for a visit next weekend. Hubby and I are quite excited. We don't get many visitors. It's fun having company. I think my mother-in-law will really enjoy it. Hopefully, my parents will come for a visit once things warm up a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something...