Saturday, October 4, 2008

Not Just Any Ole Day

That's right. Today is not just any old day. It is Hubby's birthday.

He was born 53 years ago today. The picture there at the left was taken about 52 years ago.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUBBY!

I could make a joke about his being old or something. But it seems like just a couple of days ago I was razzing him for being 40. And now I am 41. So I'll just shut up.

I don't mind being old. Most days. But I don't age nearly as well as Hubby. I don't get why men look more distinguished as they age and women just plain look older. It isn't fair.

This is a good picture of Hubby , too. He was 4 when it was taken way back in 1959.


I could post lots of pictures of Hubby through the ages. There are quite a few interesting 70s pictures around. And pictures of him when he was a BABY and joined the Army. Not a baby, literally. But he was only 17. And really skinny. And he just looked really, really young to be going off to become a soldier.

Anyway, here's Hubby now. He's quite handsome, isn't he? His hair is a bit lighter. And, of course, he didn't have a beard and mustache when he was 4. But he still has those big, beautiful blue eyes.

He's a good man. I am lucky to have him.

I could go on and on about how much I love and appreciate him, but I have to run.

You'll just have to trust me when I say I am really lucky to have married a man like him.

1 comment:

Please say something...