Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Whatever...

I've discovered that I am hooked on blogs now. I'm not sure that's a good thing though. I spent a lot of time this morning searching the Web for great blogs. There are all kinds of blogs out there. Some good, some not.

Of all the blogs I looked at, I only decided one was good enough to bookmark. Julie's Journal is the blog I chose. What grabbed me hardest was the subtitle, which is...

"Good girls have diaries...Bad girls have blogs."

Not because I am bad, or even aspire to be bad. But because I want to have fun as I make my way through this life of mine. I think Julie and I might be kindred spirits. I'll have to visit again, at least a few times, before deciding for sure.

But how can I not like someone who likes using ellipses (...) like I do, uses them incorrectly...like I do, and doesn't seem to care. She likes Papi, the chihuahua, too. And posts funny pictures of her kids (this one is back-to-school day), even though they are way beyond the cute, cuddly, baby/toddler stage.

She doesn't mind exploiting her kids either.

She's real. Or seems to be. I'll have to visit again to be sure. So far, though, I like what I have seen.

But that's only one new blog. I need more. Help me out, here.

Is there a good blog you can recommend that will help eat away at what little free time I have? You know, the time I regularly squander doing stupid stuff like searching for new blogs and playing Scrabble instead of doing useful stuff like working (who wants to do that at 6:00 AM anyway?) or writing the next great American novel. Cool Web sites are good, too.

C'mon. Help me out here.

5 comments:

  1. I already gave you two of the blogs in your blogroll, what more could you want?! :-) What kind of blog are you looking for? As you know, I read tons of them, but I don't want to make a whole bunch of suggestions that won't interest you.

    What about:
    www.damncoolpics.blogspot.com
    www.craigslist.org/about/best/all
    www.tastespotting.com
    www.notcot.org
    http://www.youtube.comwatch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

    ...to get you started?
    (That last one is a super cute and funny animation that I have bookmarked.)

    I can give you more. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What more do I want? I want to leverage all the time you have squandered over the years to find more interesting, entertaining blogs. It's ok if my blog roll has lots of sites you recommend. That just means you are way cool. (-:

    The damncoolpics one is kind of neat. You know I love looking at pictures. Not so much pictures of food, though; I don't really like food blogs. I do check out the best of craigslist periodically, just won't add them to my blog roll because the language can be a bit much (not for me, but I don't want to offend any readers).

    The last link doesn't work for me. Did you delete something between .com and watch?

    Thanks! I'll take more any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gotta be:

    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike's recommendation is cute. This one, though longer, is my favorite because it sounds just like my darn cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad you liked my blog. I'm about as real as you can get... LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please say something...