Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back in the Day

While I was searching for a picture to go with yesterday's post, I realized that I really have not digitized (scanned) most of the old pictures I have. There are lots, too. And some are quite good.

Since we decided to hang out at the MD house this weekend, I actually had some free time. So I dug out some of those pictures, dusted off the ole flatbed scanner, and digitized some vintage shots to share with the world.

L-R are Hubby, Amy (13), Shannon (15) and Eric (5) in November of 1994.

They look happy, right? I must have threatened them or something, because mere moments later this is what I saw...

It was a quick transition. I think they were hungry. Could it be they were tired of having their picture taken? I do tend to takes lots of pictures. Speaking of which, here's another...

That one was either taken in late 1994 or early 1995. I can't remember. We all look so young! Look at my big hair, and Hubby still had some brown showing in his (for the record, I really like his gray hair). Shannon has that I-refuse-to-smile-even-though-I-no-longer-have-my-braces look (you should see our wedding pics).

Now here's a cute one. Amy, Shannon and Eric at the beach. It was 1995, I think. That's the summer Amy really wanted a bikini. I thought she looked cuter in a one-piece. We didn't argue about it or anything. We bought the one-piece and went on our way.

She sure was disappointed. I felt pretty bad afterward. I should have just said, "You look adorable. Get the bikini!"

Like I said in yesterday's post, I didn't know much back then.

Look how cute Eric looked. He was almost 6 in this picture. He's almost 19 now. And he's several inches taller than me. He has a real job and even his own health insurance.

Now here's one I couldn't resist uploading. It was Eric's first day of school. The first time ever I had to put him on a bus, turn him over to a total stranger, and watch him be driven away. Hubby and I waited at the bus stop with him. I didn't cry too much when he left, but my eyes weren't exactly dry either.

Here's a more recent shot of the five of us. It is from our 2004 trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Our last family vacation with just the five of us.

Here's Hubby with the kids during that same trip. See how handsome he looks with gray hair?

The next shot is the most-recent picture of the five of us together at Amy's wedding in 2006. We added a few family members, too. There's TJ, Amy's hubby (the guy in the middle with the white shirt and bow tie). And looking all cute and sweet and innocent are my two oldest grand-kids, Brianna & Gaige. Joey didn't arrive until 2007.

So there you have it. Hubby, me and our offspring.

We're pretty lucky, don't you agree?

1 comment:

  1. Yay, that was fun! I feel like I just looked through an old photo album - except now NEW, IMPROVED, and for the DIGITAL world. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please say something...