Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And the Difference is...

Today's post is all about being different. I was inspired by something I read on another Blog, Blogger Buster, about stylizing posts to make them stand out. I decided to give it a try.

One of my favorite sayings is, "Nothing is ever easy." Its true. For me, anyway. The tips seemed so simple. But there was one key thing missing. A warning that said...
You must have a basic understanding of HTML to use these tips effectively. Knowing what CSS is--cascading style sheets--and some familiarity with CSS properties wouldn't hurt either.
Now, I pretty much know who my faithful readers are. The list is short. But I don't think any of them, except maybe Mrs. Mac, know or care to know about HTML and CSS. But I figured I'd include the warning anyway. Because I know a certain, recently out-of-the-closet blogger MIGHT be tempted to try the tips, too. So I thought I'd save her some frustration.

The weirdest thing I discovered is that each time I add a different HTML/CSS element, my drop-cap (the big "T" in my opening paragraph) code is changed.

I fixed it a couple of times. Then I finally decided this is taking way longer than I thought it would. And I need to get to work.

So, I'll close today's post with a not-so-flattering picture of me (most pictures of me aren't very flattering) pulled from my arsenal of wacky photos. At least then you might say today's post was mildly entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. I did go in and add frames around pictures in one of my older posts. It was pretty easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. confession: all of my html code i get through google. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please say something...