Friday, June 5, 2009

The Hodgepodge (Playing Catch-up)

So, I'm setting a bad precedent. Today is June 5 and this is my first post of the month. It's been sort of a rough week with some definite ups and downs. Let's just say the highs were high and the lows were low.

The high for the week was our dinner with half of the Swiss Family Mac. The elder half, of course, Mr. & Mrs. Mac. Some other friends, Mr. and Mrs. White, joined us, too. We ate a bunch of really expensive, but good, Maryland-style steamed crabs, and got to catch up on the various happenings in each of our families. No pics. Sorry. Two bloggers together and not one picture shot. What losers!

I did get a cool pic in WV last weekend. Actually, the image is not so cool. It's the subject. Remember this weird bug I got photos of on May 18? It grew up! I still don't know what it is though. I also don't know if it has finished growing.

My girls both celebrate their birthdays this month. Meg (left) turns 10 while Belle (right) is 2. They both got haircuts the other day. As soon as the sun comes out again, I'll take a picture to share. Yes, I have a flash. But natural light is better. So I'll wait.

Our lizard showed himself. As I told Hubby, I think we intrigue him. He watched us for quite a while. At one point he even climbed down into the grass and started to make his way toward us. Until Belle walked past and scared him.

This is my favorite, recent Belle picture. You can see the smile on her face as she runs free at the WV place. She LOVES it there.

Here are some miscellaneous nature pics. This is one Hubby swears I'll be hating in a couple of months. Once the seed-heads dry, they become big ole burrs that'll get caught in the dogs' fur.

There's just one of these pretty flowers in our driveway. At the very end, too, right beside the road. Don't know what it is, but I like it. We have lots of very small raspberry bushes, too. I am anxious to see if they yield any berries.

I don't know what this is, either. It's a tree. Not a bush. I liked the red berry.

That's all for today. Hopefully the next post will be new and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something...