Sunday, December 28, 2008

Recuperation Day

Christmas is over. Thank goodness. Meg agrees with that sentiment. I think she's tired of playing dress-up to entertain me. Though she's been a really good sport about it.

It's been a busy holiday time. But good. I took lots of pictures over the course of the last few days. I posted some of them (only 170!) on my Flickr page.

Today is recuperation day. I'm either plain tired or getting the flu. I've been pretty achy these past few days. And there's some sinus stuff going on. I'm hoping it's just a cold though.

"Tired" can't be ruled out completely, however. We've been on the go for DAYS. First, there was all the Christmas preparation. Then, on Christmas Eve, all of the kids and grand kids gathered at our house for dinner.

On Christmas day, after opening our gifts, Mike and I headed for my parents' house. We spent some time there visiting, then headed to my mother in laws. Conveniently, my parents live quite close to my mother in law. That is one thing at least that makes holiday visiting slightly easier.

After visiting with my mother in law for a while, Mike headed home and I headed to my Aunt Kathy's house to visit with my mother's side of the family.

Are you wondering why Mike went home? 'Cause he could. He's tired of traipsing all over creation visiting people on Christmas. I am, too, honestly. But I wanted to see my family.

We've both agreed that next year, we're staying home on Christmas. It's time for the younger generation to do the running. We're passing the torch, so to speak.

I got home around 6:00, I guess. And I was bushed. The day after Christmas, I rose early to take advantage of some of the post-Christmas sales. I bought some last-minute gifts, too. After I got home, Hubby wrapped the gifts. Then we headed to his Mom's house to celebrate Christmas with that side of the family.

The holidays are all about family, right? It really is nice to visit with everyone. It's something we should do more often throughout the year. But everyone is pretty busy. Not to mention the geographic spread. Although Mike's family are all relatively close, scattered on the east side of Baltimore. It's my brother that's furthest away; he lives in Chesapeake, Virginia.

Anyway... after we left there, we headed back to our place. Our good friends Kathy and Barry Spice (below image, rear center and rear right) were meeting us at 6:00 to go out for a nice Mexican dinner. They brought Max (below image, front center), their Yellow Lab, to keep Meg company.

That brings us to Saturday. Yesterday. We pretty much chilled all day. Then we went to my parents' house for dinner with my brother Tom and his family (wife Sharen and son Josh).

That's my Mom, aka Mawsie, and brother, Tom, pictured above. Below is my favorite shot of Mawsie with my nephew, Josh, and son, Eric.

I didn't get any great shots of my sister in law, Sharen, so I'll spare her the embarrassment of posting a not-so-flattering pic just for the sake of posting an image here.

I did end up with a couple good shots of Mawsie and Eric, one of which is posted below.

And because I never, ever seem to end up with any decent shots of Mike and I, I'm posting one here, which was taken by Shannon at Mike's Mom's house, that actually turned out good.

So, that's how we spent our holiday. That's why today is recuperetion day.

I hope your holidays were just as happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something...