Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Friday!

Woo hoo! It's Friday! Better yet, for me it is a "summer Friday." That means I am off work for the day. Only if I work four 10-hour days Monday-Thursday. It isn't a complete freebie, but it is still a good deal. When I am actually able to take advantage of it, that is. Sometimes, there's just too much work to do (my job is very deadline-oriented).

This Friday is one of those rare Fridays when I am actually off. And I just don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure I'll think of something...

Today's picture is an old one. It was taken in September 2003 during a weekend trip Mike and I took to Lancaster County, PA. I found a cute little B&B online called Frogtown Acres that I just could not pass up! Me being ToadMama and all.

We rode our motorcycles up for the weekend. Sunday morning when I went outside to explore, I was delighted to find a pasture full of cows just steps from our door. I went over to the fence, said "smile" to the cows, and snapped this picture.

Most people don't realize (and most probably don't care) that the frog on the home page for my Web site is an actual picture. I PhotoShopped it a bit to add the weird plastic texture, but it really is a picture of the patio at Frogtown Acres.

You can see it in the picture on the right, as well as the cow pasture, which was empty at the time. It really is a cute little place. It is surrounded by Amish farms and the host, Joe, had some entertaining stories to tell about his neighbors and the Amish ways in general.

My father's family is from Lancaster County. Although I was born in Lancaster, we moved to Maryland when I was about 18 months old. I am a Marylander (for now), although I yearn to be a westward-bound pioneer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something...